The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragonknight Symbol

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragonknight Symbol   Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Works for me. Everyone has a realm that they will gladly kill for free. pirat
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Hogarth

Hogarth

PostSubject: Re: Dragonknight Symbol   Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:07 pm

see you get the joke my old realm was like don't fight the narnias.
Back to top Go down
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: Dragonknight weaponry?   Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:49 pm

What kind of weapons are prefered by the Dragonknights? I see in your picture that it carries a spear / halbard / javelin thing. However you use twin maces or large red weapons. I would like to know what kind of weapons Dragonknights prefer so I can look at a good design to try out. As knights I would assume a sword and shield style with armor, however, that is not to say that a javelin / halbard type weapon wouldn't work as well. Knights were known to be profficient with many weapons depending on what kind of battle they were going into.
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: Dragonknight Symbol   Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Ah, the question is finally asked..... Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_twisted

Yes, there is a double ended spear in the my avatar picture, and yes, I mainly fight with reds and dual-wielding blues. However, I also try as much as I can to fight with spears, dual-wielding reds, S+B, flails...pretty much anything I can get my hands on or can think up, really. I want to be the best that I can be, and to do that, I have to be skilled with multiple weapon sets (if nothing else, to know their weaknesses and combat them better).
My vision of the Dragonknights is the same: to have everyone able to pick up any weapon and be able to use it effectively.....they don't have to be the best in the world, or even on the field, but I want all of the Dragonknights to be able to hold their own no matter what they use or what is thrown at them.
Obviously though, each Dragonknight will be MOST proficient in a certain style or weapon set....I don't expect them to be the best with everything they pick up.....unless they can pull it off, in which case I expect it from whomever can pull it off. Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
tyr

tyr

PostSubject: Re: Dragonknight Symbol   Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:16 pm

so be more like me Laughing

my best style and fav is grappling/ dual daggers
Back to top Go down
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: Understood?   Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 am

I understand that you want to be profficient with multiple weapons, heck, who wouldn't. However, much like the knights of the round table were known for sword and shield, because that was what most knights used in that time period, I was expecting for you to give me a weapon type that would be something that the dragonknights specialize in. For instance, since among the ranks there are Dragonriders, they must be profficient with a longer than normal weapon simply in order to reach something from the back of a dragon. I have seen several pictures of dragonriders with an extremely long lance-like weapon and shield. If that was the case, then the dragonknights could specialize in a long spear / javelin, and shield with a backup sword at hip just in case. Maybe like a red on their back for those big moments...of course that would mean taking the people who are dragonknights and training them with said weapons. But I don't even know how many dragonknights there are, so I don't know if it would be a task or not. Let me know cause making a cool looking long javelin that would be a symbol of the dragonknights would be epic.
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: Dragonknight Symbol   Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:19 pm

I apologize for misunderstanding your original question....bad Aodhfin, bad fearless leader! Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_lol

Ok, my stupidity out of the way (it's been a long day).....

The trademark weaponry of the Dragonknights will be a max length (7 ft) javelin and shield, as well as a backup longsword. In side scabbards/holsters or on the Dragonknight's back will be his secondary weapon set of choice, whatever that may be. Substitutes for the longsword can be any blue weapon 36 in or less in overall length, as well as daggers. The secondary weapon set is up to the Dragonknight, and can include more than one weapon set, i.e., bow/arrows and red, two reds, max length blue, two max lengths blues, etc.

This will be added to the Dragonknight rules. Hope you enjoy. Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Oh, and btw, you can find the current list of Dragonknights in Dragonknights of Midgar: The Dragonknights

Also, if anyone wants to join the Dragonknights, let me know when you see me at practice or post in Units: Questions: Accepting Members.
Back to top Go down
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: Got it   Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Okay, so max length javelin and shields. I think I can come up with something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonknight Symbol   Dragonknight Symbol - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonknight Symbol
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2