The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Berserkers to the field!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Berserkers to the field! Empty
PostSubject: Berserkers to the field!   Berserkers to the field! Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:41 pm

If smashing and hacking your way through with a giant weapon is what gets your blood pumping, then come here!
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: Berserkers to the field!   Berserkers to the field! Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:29 am

Yes! Fear my great, big stick! Twisted Evil
Alright, I had to get that out of the way. I'm fine now.
Is there anyway to pad the mini-maul a little more for Ludi? I recall that it failed at WotR because it hit too hard. I think it might be a little more versital than some of the other reds we have since it is shorter and more maneuverable. Better for when the the whole field is crushed together. Personally, I think it isn't too hard, but maybe I'm not entirely impartial.
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: Berserkers to the field!   Berserkers to the field! Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:32 am

Keep in mind that we have a habit of hitting harder with harder weapons, while most of Dag hits hard with lighter weapons.

I'll try to pad the mini-maul some more, but I can't guarantee anything. I am currently making a more balanced version for Rob, and if it passes, I may make another.
Back to top Go down
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: Berserkers to the field!   Berserkers to the field! Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Awesome-sauce!
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: Berserkers to the field!   Berserkers to the field! Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Red Tactics! Go!
Back to top Go down
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: Berserkers to the field!   Berserkers to the field! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:56 am

Have we tried keeping a red paired with a duel-wielder or a shield user? If the red wielder can have a moment of defense from their partner, then they can get their weapon into play more effectively than if they are having to defend themselves. Sweeping the enemy weapons aside and dodging their attacks prevents them from getting the most effective strike in. And if there is only one person with them, then they don't have as many allies around them to worry about team killing. Their greatest weakness would probably be getting surrounded and projectiles if neither have a shield.
What ya'll think?
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: Berserkers to the field!   Berserkers to the field! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:49 am

Reds and spear are best with shields. Pretty much the philosophy that I've seen. However, in truth, reds are best as skirmishers and hole openers in a line fight. As skirmishers, they would work best in a loose group of reds and spears, and probably a few dual wielders. Maybe an 8-10 man group. Each would have a circle of comfort their weapon's length in radius, and pretty much stay together. Think of it like a bunch of O's, the O's representing the weapon radius.

OO
OOOO
OOO
O

Or any other setup. Least, that's how I've seen it work.
Back to top Go down
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: Berserkers to the field!   Berserkers to the field! Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Aodhfin Dragonwalker wrote:
Reds and spear are best with shields.
That's one of the reason's I want a shield for my forearm. That way if I'm wielding a red, I have a little extra protection if I don't have anyone else nearby to watch my back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berserkers to the field!   Berserkers to the field! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Berserkers to the field!
Page 1 of 1