The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Technique and Training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

Technique and Training Empty
PostSubject: Technique and Training   Technique and Training Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 6:54 pm

i didnt know if there was a forum on here devoted to this, but i thought I would like to bring it up as something to talk about.

I need help fighting against a legged shieldman, i dont know what advantage i have other than leg work and the fact that i could wait for them to lunge and strike them in the back then. If anyone has any tips and tricks they could teach me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/WandererTJ?ref=profile
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: Technique and Training   Technique and Training Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Jumping, focusing on their sword arm, or just bum-rushing their asses into the ground. When you rush em though, try to trap their sword with the shield.
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: Question:   Technique and Training Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:28 pm

How big a shield are we talking? If you are talking about the ever-prevalent tower shield then you are looking at a hard fight no matter what. However, there are some techniques that might work depending on your style and what handed fighter you are.

For instance: Sword and board concentrate on moving into your opponents sword arm with your shield and coming around the side of their shield for a shoulder attack.

Dual Wield block an incoming attack with your off hand weapon and continue to put pressure on it. If he takes pressure off his own weapon it will allow your off hand to make a hit. If your opponent continues his pressure as well, attack the arm at about the elbow.

Large Red focus on weapon side then come around with a large hit to the bottom of the shield. Two of these and he has no shield and you have a reach advantage.

Single Blue block sword arm with weapon then grab his wrist with your off hand. Pull him off balance and deliver an attack to the back. This of course is assuming that you are not wearing armor since you cannot innitiate a grapple if you wear armor.

There can be any number of ways, but like Aodhfin said, most of them concentrate on doing something with the "weaker" side being the weapon arm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technique and Training   Technique and Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technique and Training
Page 1 of 1