The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bogerdan

INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER.... Empty
PostSubject: INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER....   INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:29 am

My Name is Eric Wyrick, and there is a group of people in here in Durant, OK that are interested in starting a new chapter. We are looking for opinions and suggestions on this and are open to your suggestions and comments. We would like to get into contact with the Magistrate of your war counsel and/or the President of your Board of Directors and anyone else who would like to offer suggestions or opinions. We are willing to send representatives to Shawnee for a face-to-face meet and greet. We thank you in advance for your assistance and look forward to hearing from the warriors of Midgar.
Back to top Go down
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER....   INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:02 am

First, I want to apologise for the wait time on someone getting back to ya'll. Life gets in the way sometimes.
Anyway, it's a true pleasure to hear that there are more locals interested in Dag. We would be honored by You're showing up to meet and greet. We'd be glad to see ya'll. However, whether you are able to get down this way or not, ideas will be posted as they are thought of.
We look forward to meeting ya'll!
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER....   INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Aodhfin here, good to hear that there's interest growing south of us. Dagorhir isn't very widespread in Oklahoma, as far as I know. Main areas are Norman/Edmond (two areas, same chapter), Tulsa, and Shawnee. Anyways, as Raalcorr mentioned, life has been busy, and sometimes gets in the way of me being on the boards. However, I'm hoping I'll have more of an online presence from now on. On to your questions.

1. Midgar would be more than honored to meet and fight with you and yours, Bogerdan.

2. If you haven't checked out the Dagorhir site, please do so. There should be a working link at the top of the Midgar home page. Make sure to check out the rules, print em out, and have them on hand at all times. Also, print out the Dagorhir chapter contract, and waivers. You can't advertise yourself in your community as part of Dagorhir til you get the chapter contract filled out, signed, notarized, sent in, and then received. Also, it'll take a bit to get it back. Tell people that you're starting a fighting group, have them fill out waivers, and explain the Dagorhir rules. Call it Dagorhir, fight Dag, play by the rules....just don't put up Dagorhir flyers just yet. Make sense?

Word of mouth first, flyers come after the paper gets back.

3. Still on the subject of starting a new chapter; there are infinite possibilities when it comes to running a chapter. The only requirement is that you have three officials, and at least one of them is 18 or over. President, Vice President, and Bookkeeper, for example. On paper, those could be the names of the positions, but in your realm/chapter, they could be called something different. When setting up the leadership of the realm, go with what works, and make sure that everyone is in agreement. If at any time, things are working as they should, perhaps there needs to be a change in the way things are run. For example, Midgar started out as having a President, Vice President, and Bookkeeper. This eventually changed to having a "Tribal Leader", "Chief Advisor", "Bookkeeper", "Blood General", and "War Council".

This of course, is sometimes hard to keep up with when attendance is low (like when it gets cold out).

4. Have weapons for everyone. This could be easy, if everyone knows how to make their own or already has their own. However, this is not always the case, especially for brand new fighters. Loaner weapons are a good idea to have. 10-20 weapons, of different sorts, is a good idea. If you don't have the money (which is sometimes a hardship to deal with), perhaps having everyone own their own weapons would be a better idea, and have each realm member have a couple extras just in case of new fighters.

5. Joining the Dagorhir forums isn't always the best idea right out of the gate. There are a lot of fighters in Dagorhir, some of which are polite in person and bloodthirsty sharks online. This is due to being bored when not fighting, or meanings being lost in translation online. After all, typed messages have a habit of being cold and impersonal compared to face to face talks. Jokes become insults, lighthearted banter becomes scathing criticism, etc.

And, of course, some people on the boards are just flaming a-holes online. So take it slow, visit some of the places in Oklahoma, practice a lot, attend events in and out of state, and THEN ease onto the boards. Another possibility is to "lurk" on the Dag forums. This is when you create an account, but only start posting after you've gotten a decent feel for the boards, the atmosphere, and the game itself.

In any case, if you need help, ideas, or anything else, just post here, message myself or others, or come on out. Peruse the forums here for a while, checking out the tutorials and links posted, as well as the locations posted of places to practice.

Your friendly neighborhood Dragonwalker
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Bogerdan

PostSubject: Re: INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER....   INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:40 am

Thank You for the info. Me and some of my friends were thinking about coming up to Shawnee to meet with you all. What days do you get togather? Would really enjoy coming and meet you all in person
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER....   INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Practices are Sundays from 12pm-4pm, normally. This week there won't be practice, due to Christmas. So the next practice will be scheduled for....well, actually, it'll be on January 7th. The next two Sundays are holidays, and few if any people will probably show up.
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Bogerdan

PostSubject: Re: INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER....   INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:36 am

ok i apperciate it. I will try to get up there next month
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER....   INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INTERST IN FORMING A NEW CHAPTER....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Realm of Midgar :: Guilds :: Questions-
Jump to: