The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

War for the Roses III

Go down 
+3
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Raalcorr the Warborn
Cody Nichols
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cody Nichols

War for the Roses III Empty
PostSubject: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:35 am

I am pleased to present:

War for the Roses III WftR2

Troll will open at 11:00 AM on February 12th and cost $5.

Battles will begin at high noon at the back field in Hafer Park and continue until five o'clock in the evening.

"I, Lord Henry of Avenion, extend an invitation to all the warriors of the land to a grand tourney of mass battle wherewith I shall declare the betrothed of my beautiful daughter. Indeed, I desire that the strongest men should defend her for the rest of her days and so the victor of a set of battles shall either claim her for himself or give her hand to another of his house. Let every warrior with his war band come unto the field of battle upon the Saturday nearest the Feast of Saint Valentine and may Fate permit the proper man come into victory."

Battle details have been attached to the original post, look or inquire for additional information here: http://www.embracethestar.com/smf%20forum/index.php?topic=1481.0

Last edited by Cody Nichols on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:10 am

Wonderful! Now for the sake of a fair maiden, we will break bones and spill blood for her honor and to imbue in her a case of the warm fuzzies! I LOVE Valentines Day! Cool
Back to top Go down
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:58 am

Since we haven't posted much in a while, here's this.
I know that there could be some that don't know yet, but let's have it posted in public who is going and what do you need before you go; so that we are better organized. 'Nother words, Who needs what and how many are going and with who?
Back to top Go down
Cody Nichols

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:37 am

Battles updated, weather promises to be 50 degrees and mostly sunny.
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:31 am

Everyone needs garb. This Sunday is last practice to get together, weather permitting, and choose weapons. I'm still iffy on going, considering we've already had one false alarm this week when it comes to the baby coming.
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:53 pm

I've got at least 7 rocks and I've fixed my bow. If you've got Dag safe arrows, we now have a way of launching them. (Hint, hint, Aodhfin Wink )
I'd say except potentially for garb, we're as ready as we need to be.
Back to top Go down
gage lamb

gage lamb

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:39 pm

so what time are we meeting at the park
Back to top Go down
Lucius Sulla

Lucius Sulla

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't know about you guys but I am aiming to get to Hafer park about 10ish so I can get a head start (i.e getting weapons and armor checked,setting up a good spot for camp)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/burnedbylife
Ormr the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:45 pm

War of the roses is not a camping event just poppin in to mention that. Just a day event
Back to top Go down
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:47 am

He probably meant "Find a place where we can stash our stuff for the many hours we are there." Writing "Camp" however, is much quicker. Smile
And to you, Gage, the Tournament Pit will open at 10:30 and weapon check will open at 11:00 so we want to be there around 10:20 or so. Though, come to think of it, I don't know why the Tournament Pit will open before the weapons have been checked.confused I suppose some weapons will start getting checked around then. So we will want to get there around then.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Sulla

Lucius Sulla

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:02 am

Raalcorr the Warborn wrote:
He probably meant "Find a place where we can stash our stuff for the many hours we are there."

this
Back to top Go down
Ormr the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:23 pm

I assumed he meant that I was just clarifying. Can't wait to fight all of you.
Back to top Go down
gage lamb

gage lamb

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:11 pm

on that day we will feast on the broken hearts aii my brothers
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Update: I don't know if I'll be going this Saturday. It's very dependent on the weather and the status of Curtis.
Back to top Go down
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:01 pm

For all those that are able to go, I believe we need to meet at Kidspace Park at 9:30. That should give us enough time to get shook out into formation and head out.
Aodhfin, if you're not going to make it, who do you want to leave weapons with?
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 pm

I will not be attending War of the Roses this Saturday, due to the fact that my son is coming very soon, and I need to get things ready for him. I'll be coming up to Kidspace at 9:30 to meet everyone, so that way weapons can be chosen. Keep in mind, I will only bring passing weapons with intact covers, and none of my personal arsenal (that does not include the spear, and possibly the glaive).
Back to top Go down
Ormr the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 pm

This makes ne really sad but really excited for the baby!!!! I'll have to cone down a Sunday
Back to top Go down
gage lamb

gage lamb

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:13 pm

well ill need a ride anyone with a spare seat in their car for me
Back to top Go down
Ormr the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 pm

I personally would love to see as many midgar peeps as possible. Is anyone willing to list the people going?
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:24 pm

And now, another update: I may not even be able to bring any weapons, since I'm now at the mercy of Amanda's dad when it comes to getting the brakes fixed. FML.

Incidentally, Niall, the list WAS:

Aodhfin
Sora
Gage
Raalcor
Nor

Possibly Croix, but I hadn't heard anything from him as of late. Now, considering most of the fighters were riding with me...well....Oy ve.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Sulla

Lucius Sulla

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:19 pm

thanks for making me feel included in the list
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:25 am

This isn't the time or place, Sulla, but hell. I'm too tired to care atm. You announced your intent to leave Midgar, shortly thereafter removed yourself from the Facebook group, and I personally haven't heard anything from you since then. So what am I supposed to think, that you're still an active part of the realm?

That'd be like Kai saying he's been an active part of the realm, when he hasn't even given me a phone call.
Back to top Go down
Talon

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Ok so who all is drivin to roses? i was hopin i might hitch a ride with a-fin but since he aint going im lookin for a ride from shawnee to edmond.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Sulla

Lucius Sulla

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:20 pm

I am driving but I have a car full already,sorry mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War for the Roses III   War for the Roses III Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War for the Roses III
Page 1 of 1