The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Updates

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Some Updates Empty
PostSubject: Some Updates   Some Updates Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Alright, so here's a few updates.

(1) I'm no longer making realm weapons. I will repair the ones that break, and I will replace ones that are purchased, but I will not make anymore beyond that. I will still be taking orders for weapons, however, so feel free to ask me to make or help you make equipment.

(2) There are quite a few unwritten laws in Midgar, and will be unwritten no longer. I could have sworn that I'd posted all the house rules, but apparently did not, so I will be posting all the ones that I remember from the beginning, as well as some new ones that I will be adding.

(3) I'm tired of people using the realm weapons for months at a time and never making their own weaponry and shields, then turning around and being too busy or just not showing up to build days. I've scheduled several over the past year and a half, and only three of them have people shown up to. There are multiple sources and links on the forums here for everyone to use to make their own stuff. The realm weapons are for the realm, yes, and for those that do not have weapons of their own. But it's mainly for the newcomers that we're supposed to be trying to recruit. I've made several weapons for myself that ended up becoming realm weapons, due to the fact that they didn't fit me how I thought they would, and so I would donate them. I'm running out of time, energy, patience, and money to continually sock into the armory. If you can, donate weapons. Help repair weapons. Volunteer to sew better covers, or to find someone who can sew, or find someone to teach the rest of us how. Very few people have actually donated any time or effort towards Midgar aside from practice, and it's getting very old.

(4) I'm going to begin taking roll call at practices to see who is and who is not active in the realm. Active means being there for at least one practice each month, barring life getting in the way. No, life getting in the way does not include "Hey, I have a hot gf, and I would rather sit around and do nothing with her." Family comes first, work comes first. Bring the gf, the fiance, the friends, etc.

(5) I'm tired of hearing people telling others to take their hits, or that they aren't hitting hard enough, or they're hitting too light, or whatever else. I'm guilty of it as well, which makes me even madder about it. This is about fighting, having good honor, having fun, learning, growing, and being a family. So shut up and fight, and if there's a problem, bring it to me. Because of all this, I'll be heralding and watching as closely as possible for the next few weeks, if not longer.

(6) Elections will be coming up in the next 6 months, for all positions. Also, I need someone to be in charge of flyers and recruitment. I can't do all this on my own, and I need people to volunteer here. Seriously.

There's more to all this, but I can't remember it all at the moment. This is my rant, this is what's ticking me off, and I'm putting my ironclad boots on and stomping all this stupid crap into oblivion. Don't like it? Go sit and twirl on a merry go round or something. This is Dagorhir. This is combat. This is Midgar. Don't like it? Deal with it or find somewhere that's more to your liking.

I'm stepping up. Are you?
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Kurai
Admin
Kurai

Some Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Updates   Some Updates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:31 am

I love you. Make manbabies with me.
Back to top Go down
gage lamb

gage lamb

Some Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Updates   Some Updates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:20 am

Kurai wrote:
I love you. Make manbabies with me.

affraid party boy
Back to top Go down
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

Some Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Updates   Some Updates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:48 am

What does Vice Lord/King/whatever do? I'm running for it

I will be running for leader of Team Chaos
This is assuming that for team battles at events, there is Team Midgar and Team Chaos
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/WandererTJ?ref=profile
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

Some Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Updates   Some Updates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 2:43 am

Aodhfin, you are right. I've been guilty of not contributing enough effort, and that will end. I will learn how to make weapons and start making prototypes. I think after I do a little rework on those new swords you made me, I'll try to make a naginata or something similar in the next few weeks.
Also, according to a phone call I had earlier today, there should be a couple of new people showing up tomorrow, though I've said that before and they were absent, so I can make no promises.
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Some Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Updates   Some Updates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:03 am

Kurai: Of course.

Ahnz: I'll list positions available when the elections come around.

Raalcor: You've been to almost every single that's come up brother. You've donated cash, supplies, and time whenever you had it. Weapons wise, you had to work during a few of the build days. I've got spare bandshoppe poles in the garage, PM me about a good day to get together, and I'll work with you on foamsmithing if you'd like.Also, is there anything specifically wrong with the swords, or did you just want to beef up the handles some? Because I have fiberglass in the garage as well.
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

Some Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Updates   Some Updates Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 am

No, the swords are pretty da-uh (no cussing) consarn good, I just wanted to beef up the handles a little so they fit my hands better, add more layers of nylon, (to be honest, I like the look the weapons have with the nylon) and maybe see about trimming the thickness of the blades a smidge. That last will probably be unnecessary but it's an idea I had, don't know if it will help anything.
And I will try to free up some free time when I can, but right now if I'm not working at TDK, I'm doing stuff at home. But I will find some free time somewhere. I want a heavy hitting red and while I have been talking about an axe for a while, I think I'll try something simple first. I may have been a little over ambitious to try to start with the axe design I have in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Updates   Some Updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Updates
Page 1 of 1