The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Throwing Axes!?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kroix Altergot

Kroix Altergot

Throwing Axes!? Empty
PostSubject: Throwing Axes!?   Throwing Axes!? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 12:20 pm

Ok So I Was Thinking To Make like Five 1.5ft Long Throwing Axes I Havent Seen Any In Midgar Yet...So Would It Be Okay To Make Them? Its Basicly Like A Hatchet With Two Blades One On Each Side But You Throw Them. I Dont Have Any Pics Yet. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://Bryantsdagorhir.webs.com
Kroix Altergot

Kroix Altergot

Throwing Axes!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Axes!?   Throwing Axes!? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 pm

And Ill Try To Make Them as Light as possible so they can be thrown farther
Back to top Go down
http://Bryantsdagorhir.webs.com
Berethis

Berethis

Throwing Axes!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Axes!?   Throwing Axes!? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:58 pm

Are throwing axes dag legal, or would they be like rocks?
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Throwing Axes!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Axes!?   Throwing Axes!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:32 am

Throwing weapons are illegal, to my knowledge. Rocks, javelins, and arrows are the only airborne weaponry allowed. Croix, if you read the Manual of Arms in the Laws of the Realm section, you'll find all the rules you need to know when it comes to combat, weapons, and armor.
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

Throwing Axes!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Axes!?   Throwing Axes!? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:00 am

For the record, Tomahawk is not a throwing axe if you ever saw him. There is a reason why I throw him off to the side or over people's heads.

Now for the rules:
Quote :
3.2.2.5 - White projectile weapons are rocks and other blunt-force projectile weapons which only must be thrown and are only legal to the head.

4.1.5 - Two- and & a half-inch rule: Projectile weapon tips (arrows, javelins and rocks) and melee weapon tips designed for stabbing (green sword points, spear tips, etc.) shall not easily pass more than 0.5 inch through a 2.5 inch-diameter hole. This measurement shall be conducted by lowering a testing template onto the tip of the weapon perpendicular to the edge or shaft of the weapon. The intent is to test the thrusting tip of the weapon, not to search for weapon head corners which can be manipulated to pass through the template.

4.6 - White Weapons:

4.6.1 - Rocks must be at least 4" in diameter and constructed of foam with a little tape as possible, and all aspects of their construction must conform to the 2 1/2 inch rule.

4.6.2 - The maximum weight of a rock is 1.5 pounds.

4.6.3 - Rocks must be thrown; a fighter may never strike another fighter with a hand-held rock.
The two and a half inch rule applies to all tips and also corners and edges for the most part. The four inch diameter rule, applies to all axises of the rock, meaning: the minimum size for a rock in every one of it's directions is 4 inches(which pretty much limits a lot of what you can make). It is prefered that you cover the rock with a cloth cover, but a "cloth-tape" cover is also acceptable as seen by Yelmora and my rocks.

@Aodhfin, my rocks do not hit too light, feel free to take the D20 to the nose if I need to change your mind, I could also make a rock that's exactly 1.49lbs to see how much you like getting hit in the face with it. White weapons hit people in the face, they are suppose to be nice and fluffy.

@Croix, I'm not trying to shoot down your idea. Dagorhir use to allow all thrown weapons, I know this because of Orrin(by the way I played with an original dag thrown weapon, and it is a god-sin), and after play-testing it, they decided against it. If you can come up with what you want given the constraints, awesome. There are some really awesome rocks out there, but a throwing axe is not anything I've seen.

Things I have seen or have heard of: Massive pieces of any type of dice, A fish, Head or skull, Anvil, apples, barrel that holds rock apples, rock hat, mug(that you can actually drink from), rock lobster, I havent seen a Bomb-Omb but that would be epic(or anything else from mario), and I've heard of there being a human baby rock, but idk how they got it to pass.
Reguardless, whatever you decide to do(MAKE AN ANVIL!!!), I would love to see some good craftsmanship.

Last edited by Ansgeirr on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/WandererTJ?ref=profile
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Throwing Axes!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Axes!?   Throwing Axes!? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 am

Question

Ahnz, when did I say that your rocks hit too light? The d20 wouldn't, I know that, and the little ones did ONCE last practice, but that was cuz of the throw, not the rock. Or maybe a little of both, idk.....hrm......anyways, I've been hit in the face with rocks that weighed that much. It was kinda fun, they weren't all that hard. Please don't make one that's 1.49, I know you, it'll be like getting hit with an anvil.
Back to top Go down
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

Throwing Axes!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Axes!?   Throwing Axes!? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:59 pm

A 1.49 rock would be far too cumbersome. When I use rocks I like to have a quick little sly thing to throw without having to much motion applied to it.

And yes, the toss was light, but to my knowledge, there is no such thing as a light hit with a rock. They wouldve hit harder if the tape wasnt so broken in. They are re-taped up now, and should sting a bit more.

The D20 Rock actually was almost failed at the Alterra practice, it was borderline. It passed for being awesome haha

Sorry if I was hasty and sounded angry at you in my last post Aodhfin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/WandererTJ?ref=profile
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Throwing Axes!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Axes!?   Throwing Axes!? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:23 am

Eh, no biggie. I still took the rock hit, didn't I? It just surprised me with the lightness, I used to getting hammered by now, so I double checked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Throwing Axes!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throwing Axes!?   Throwing Axes!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Throwing Axes!?
Page 1 of 1