The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Addressing some points

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

Posts : 333
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 29
Location : Norman, OK

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:42 pm

I really like rule 1....and 34 Wink

Quick note, since that day felt as though it was the first real cold day in a while to fight on, I'd like to say that the weapons actually become stiffer and harder in the cold, you can fix this by beating them on a surface or holding them up to your heater in your car so that they are not cold and hard.


but on a more serious note,
Aodhfin Dragonwalker wrote:
4. ...The hardest hit that can be taken is a full baseball bat swing with two hands, as per the Dagorhir Manual of Arms...
Aodhfin Dragonwalker wrote:
...If you are hitting hard enough to break bones with one hand, you need to lighten your hits or inspect/work on the weapon.
Baseball swings are by no means any harder of a hit than a 1 handed swing, however, they do typically have far more "follow-through" to them in a swing, and what i mean by that is: with a baseball swing you are more likely to be swinging through the opponent rather that just hitting them and getting ready quickly for your next swing. Now with that being said, baseball swings are very accurate since you are basically swinging with one arm and guiding with the other, however, your body's physical range when using that type of swing is limited, you can only rotate your body and extend your arms so much without losing balance or releasing a hand. Then on the other hand, there are the times in which you use a single handed weapon, and with that, you get the hip motion, shoulder motion, elbow motion, wrist motion, and even finger motion that you cant with a baseball swing, and if you add all the force you can do from your body with all that motion, it can actually be a lot more than what you get from a baseball swing. In fact in the past, I was called out for hitting hard and they said I was baseball swinging(which wasnt allowed) however, I was not in a side stance, I did not rotate my hips as it was a rush attack...oh and I only had one hand on the weapon. With all that, most of the weapons I see are Momentum based rather than Speed based, and what I mean by that is they are a lot less whippy and bouncy and a lot more prone to a follow through, meaning that they are far more subject to hitting hard whether or not they are one or two handed.

and if anyone really feels as though they want to give me crap about me hitting hard or not taking hits, and I apologize for actually admitting things when others cant 1) I have weapons that I own, that do legally pass weapon check to the fullest extent but I dont let myself use because of the fact that even though it does pass, I can still knock the sh*t out of someone with it. 2) If you thinking I'm hitting hard and possibly trying to be mean or trying to hurt you, you'd be dead wrong, but I can sure show you what it would feel like if I was. 3) Depending on the person, I will use even less force that what I already hold myself to. 4) I've already said this, but I guess some people can't read, if you think you hit me and I didnt take it tell me, and I may take it after considering it. 5) If it seems as though I'm am paying zero attention to whatever you are hitting me with, you obviously are not hitting hard enough, there is such a thing as too light, and I consider me not feeling a hit to fall under it(ie Brent poking me several times in the side/back without me even knowing it). 6)Skims and glances would by no means kill me in real life, dont kid yourself, I have no reason to take it, and with that you can poke and tap me all day long, but truly think to yourself, would this actually be enough to cause actual substantial damage to the body in real life? 7) If it was cool and you hit me in the head/neck, I will take it, last night Svipdag had no arms so I stuck the sword in his teeth so we could keep fighting and he swung and slit my throat....I took a death lol.

I think that finishes my little rant
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/WandererTJ?ref=profile
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Posts : 930
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 31
Location : Tecumseh, OK

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Thanks for the rant Ahnz.....however, if you've noticed with Midgar, when we do baseball bat swings, we hit harder because of the power from putting our entire bodies into it as well because of the follow through. Granted, depending on the person, this is not the case. But you yourself have seen me blast Alterrans in practice with the Dragonsword.....it's when you started pulling me aside and dueling me every week so I could get better fighting reds and using reds. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://midgar.forumotion.net
Tsair

Tsair

Posts : 23
Join date : 2009-09-09
Age : 35
Location : Shawnee

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:34 pm

personally having fought only some I have this to say: If it is too hard go back innto your dim room and confine your fighting to the computer or pencil and paper because ou are too much of a sissy to be a real fighter
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/shidoshi_sumitra
Kreig Earthfury

Kreig Earthfury

Posts : 25
Join date : 2009-09-26
Age : 34
Location : Wherever there is a battle to be fought

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:39 pm

As a friendly response from the Harbingers of Judgement, I'd like to note that my fellow Harbingers came out to the tourney ONLY because we wished to back up our words with actions on the field of honor. Despite your words Tsair, you were no where to be seen. That only goes to show the differences in the character we Harbingers hold ourselves to, and what you and your worm food zombies hold yourselves too. There are many choice words we would all wish to convey to you, but we shall spare you a tongue thrashing for a true one on the field, if you choose to ever show yourself in Midgar of course. We are ready to prove that we are not what you say we are, are you ready to prove that we are? This is all I will say, I will let Aodhfin deal with your insults in whatever way he sees fit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kurai
Admin
Kurai

Posts : 114
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 29

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:44 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and hope that that last post was an in character one. Cause it had some good in character sounding banter.
As far as Tsair's comments, as much as I may want to agree with him, "deal with it or go home" is never the right choice. It will only decrease the realms numbers and give you a bad reputation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

Posts : 333
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 29
Location : Norman, OK

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:30 am

Aodhfin, request for new rule: Only Ahnz is allowed to be the dick on here and call people out and have problems with people, and if anyone does have a problem with that, I will gladly meet them on the field Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/WandererTJ?ref=profile
Lucius Sulla

Lucius Sulla

Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-10-18
Age : 49
Location : the internet

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:47 am

Ansgeirr wrote:
Aodhfin, request for new rule: Only Ahnz is allowed to be the dick on here and call people out and have problems with people, and if anyone does have a problem with that, I will gladly meet them on the field Wink

Addressing some points - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/burnedbylife
Kurai
Admin
Kurai

Posts : 114
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 29

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:43 am

Lucius Sulla wrote:
Ansgeirr wrote:
Aodhfin, request for new rule: Only Ahnz is allowed to be the dick on here and call people out and have problems with people, and if anyone does have a problem with that, I will gladly meet them on the field Wink

Addressing some points - Page 2 Pbucket

Ignore him, he likes to pretend he's important. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucius Sulla

Lucius Sulla

Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-10-18
Age : 49
Location : the internet

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:07 am

oh I know Addressing some points - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/burnedbylife
Lucius Sulla

Lucius Sulla

Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-10-18
Age : 49
Location : the internet

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:00 am

Kurai wrote:
Lucius Sulla wrote:
Ansgeirr wrote:
Aodhfin, request for new rule: Only Ahnz is allowed to be the dick on here and call people out and have problems with people, and if anyone does have a problem with that, I will gladly meet them on the field Wink

Addressing some points - Page 2 Pbucket

Ignore him, he likes to pretend he's important. Wink

Actually Ansgeirr does hit too hard and I caught it on video
judge for yourselfAddressing some points - Page 2 Pbucket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgRwQqLGbTg
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/burnedbylife
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Posts : 930
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 31
Location : Tecumseh, OK

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:07 am

What, I don't troll the boards for ONE night, and I come back to all of this? Jeez......alright, guess I better start dealing with all of this.

Tsair: You've fought with the HoJ, before they were the HoJ. Ya know, Kreig, Kai, Taer, Khaos? You know they can take their hits. You've hit them, they've hit you, you all can take your hits. Don't call people sissies unless you know they are sissies. And let me remind you, my dear necromantic friend, that you yourself enjoy playing with pen and paper. In the future, please try to either denote that your being sarcastic or realize that if your going to be an asshat like the rest of us, you'll get burned by your target: just like the rest of us.

Tsollo: Although I appreciate that your comrades from the HoJ DID show up (since it was good to see them), you did not. I wish you had, and I wish that you and the rest of the Harbingers had come for the fun, the glory, and the honor of the day: not just because you wanted to beat one person silly and go home. That isn't in the spirit of Dagorhir my friend, no more than calling your fellow realm members sissy. Try to keep that in mind the next time you, Judgement, Dusk, Khaos, and...erm....well, I guess we'll just say Toby, are offended by someone trolling the boards.

Ahnz: No. I'm not making a flipping law JUST FOR YOU. Unless it's one where we all get to tie you up and beat you with your own weapons. Twisted Evil

Kurai: Deal with it or go home. But please stay. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://midgar.forumotion.net
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Posts : 930
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 31
Location : Tecumseh, OK

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:08 am

Lucius Sulla wrote:
Kurai wrote:
Lucius Sulla wrote:
Ansgeirr wrote:
Aodhfin, request for new rule: Only Ahnz is allowed to be the dick on here and call people out and have problems with people, and if anyone does have a problem with that, I will gladly meet them on the field Wink

Addressing some points - Page 2 Pbucket

Ignore him, he likes to pretend he's important. Wink

Actually Ansgeirr does hit too hard and I caught it on video
judge for yourselfAddressing some points - Page 2 Pbucket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgRwQqLGbTg


EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://midgar.forumotion.net
Kurai
Admin
Kurai

Posts : 114
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 29

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:28 am

Aodhfin Dragonwalker wrote:

Kurai: Deal with it or go home. But please stay. lol!

That's exactly why I never visit you anymore!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Posts : 930
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 31
Location : Tecumseh, OK

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Lies and deceit, you know you want to visit me. You have the same reason for not visiting me as I do for you: lack of funds. It shall be fixed someday. But for now, I shall cry. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://midgar.forumotion.net
Tsair

Tsair

Posts : 23
Join date : 2009-09-09
Age : 35
Location : Shawnee

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:40 pm

As for any discussionn of my attendence. As soon as I aquire a new steed that will last the trip to the realm I will be there and all who I offend will have a chance to fall before my blades
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/shidoshi_sumitra
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Posts : 930
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 31
Location : Tecumseh, OK

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:35 pm

I'll hold you to it Tsair. You don't offend me, but I still wanna keelz you. Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://midgar.forumotion.net
Juicer

Juicer

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-01-20
Age : 33

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:09 pm

....wow.

Since when do people think wrap shots are cheesy? Seriously. How? Why?

If I ever do make it down there, I am going to swing super hard wrap shots in everyone's kidneys. And it's perfectly legal.

2legit2quit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

Posts : 930
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 31
Location : Tecumseh, OK

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:24 pm

I teach wrap shots as part of the basic shots in Dagorhir. Most of us don't use them, but I still teach them to help people look for the setups and how to defend against them. Do come fight with us Juicer. Please? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://midgar.forumotion.net
Kurai
Admin
Kurai

Posts : 114
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 29

Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Yes, Juicer. Go, Kill, Maim, Destroy. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Addressing some points - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addressing some points   Addressing some points - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Addressing some points
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Honda Engine NO SPARK even at the points
» Importing Google earth waypoints into Magellan 510
» NOW-TABLE
» PPL QT Scores
» Erico Sassa Scores 51 Points

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Realm of Midgar :: General Discussion-
Jump to: