The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I needs a shield!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JosephCaruthers

I needs a shield!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm not sure about dimensions or anything, but I need a round medium to large size shield. I'll pay for all the materials, I just don't trust myself to make it, haha! Any takers???
Thanx guys,
Joseph
Back to top Go down
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: Spartan Shield   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Currently going to be making myself and Taeraelaes "Spartan" shields. Nothing fancy, just 24" round shields. I am estimating cost to be somewhere $20 - $25 for materials. If this is something that might suit your fancy reply to this and we'll see what we can't do.
Back to top Go down
JosephCaruthers

PostSubject: Re: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:30 pm

Thanks so much!
I'm VERY interested,that sounds perfect.
If you are at the realm battle, I'll be able to pay you then.
Do you think it might be done by then, because i feel that i'm a pretty pathetic fighter without a shield!haha
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Maybe you should come to practice this Sunday....none of us really have shields at the moment, other than Krieg (Kai is making some, but I don't know if they're done yet). We all do fairly well without. I needs a shield!!!! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
JosephCaruthers

PostSubject: Re: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm going to try to come,i can't guarantee,
but i'd like to.
It's my only chance to come b4 the battle,
so hopefully i make it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: Cost   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Yeah, with the way money is right now I would have to get the cost of the mats before I make it for you, but I should have one made by this sunday that you can look at and test. That way if you want one made you can give me the money for it at that point.
Back to top Go down
JosephCaruthers

PostSubject: Re: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:22 pm

I appreciate it very much
Back to top Go down
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: Poop   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Well, thus far I have helped make a saber and a greataxe, but no shield. I will see what I can do tonight, but it isn't looking good to be done by tomorrow. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
JosephCaruthers

PostSubject: Re: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:29 pm

thats perfectly fine.
my big hope,tho,is that it's done b the realm battle
Back to top Go down
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: Shield...no shield...   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Okay, so as I had said, no shield got made over the weekend, however, a saber, two scimitars, a greataxe, and a javelin, did get made. Although one of the scimitars epic failed so there is something to be said for having the time to make your weapons properly. As far as the shield goes, I don't know when I will get one made to show you. Right now it seems javelins are what people are wanting, and I have two more lined up that have been paid for that have to get made before I can start anything else.

Rough idea for cost of the shield:

1 24" round wood piece ($17.00 Lowes)
3 Assorted metal handles ($4.00 Lowes)
1 Yard of nylon strap ($3.00 WalMart)
1 Plastic buckle ($2.00 WalMart)
1 Roll of blue closed cell camp pad ($6.oo WalMart)
1 Twin size open cell matress foam ($11.00 WalMart)
1 3/4" pipe insulation ($4.00 Lowes)
1 Square yard canvase cloth ($5.00 WalMart)
I have DAP so that doesn't need bought. Estimate cost for materials: $52.00

I know that is more than I said before, but I actually went out and looked at the prices of the materials so I could put this list together for you. Now if you don't believe my pricing, or you maybe can find the materials cheaper someplace else that's all good, let me know where you found them cheaper, but for right now this is the best I can do for a round shield. If it wasn't round it wouldn't be that big a deal, I could just buy some heavy plywood and cut it to the dimensions you need, but because you want a round shield I can't cut circles so I have to buy a wood hobby piece from Lowes and that by itself is like $17.00. As far as labor goes, it's not that big a deal to me, if I get to keep the scrap left over from the project, that is payment enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

PostSubject: Re: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:51 pm

if you use metal handles tape them up, otherwise gripping them may end up causing your hand to bleed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/WandererTJ?ref=profile
JosephCaruthers

PostSubject: Re: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:03 pm

k, thanx, i'll be able to pay at the Realm Battle, simply because that's the first chance i'll get to meet with you.
do u think it'll be ready by then?
I appreciate all this very much!
Back to top Go down
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: answers   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:59 pm

I will go ahead and say this again just so there are no misconceptions. I will have to get money for materials before I can make you the shield. Therefore, if the first time I am going to see you is at the Realm Battle, and hence that is when you would give me the money for mats, it will not be done in time for the battle. I know this is kind of a bummer, but I don't have the money to go ahead and buy the mats and get compensated at a later date. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
JosephCaruthers

PostSubject: Re: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:36 pm

OH! haha,srry, i've been busy the past few days and had to read these posts rather fast,so i didn;t catch certain parts,haha,srry.
I'll have the money to you at the RB so you can have it for the materials in advance,
srry for the misunderstanding
Back to top Go down
Judgement

Judgement

PostSubject: not a problem   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:41 pm

It's not a problem, just wanted to clarify. Didn't want it to be one of those things where you show up to the RB expecting to have a shield ready to use and then not have one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I needs a shield!!!!   I needs a shield!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I needs a shield!!!!
Page 1 of 1