The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Healing in battles.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurai
Admin
Kurai

Healing in battles. Empty
PostSubject: Healing in battles.   Healing in battles. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:05 pm

In the spirit of the old school rules where healing was a common and necessary thing in most events and special scenarios, I'd like to ask that, unless otherwise stated, healing is allowed in every battle. The poems must still be inspected by a herald and must be a proper poem. Take pride in your poem if you make one, make it original if you can. But make one and bring it, let's add some diversity to the battles again. hell, with enough people we could easily recreate a battle like the one shown in the PM magazine episode. If that happens then Healers would have an amazing opportunity to use their poems and help out in battle!

So, whaddya guys think? Healers always allowed unless otherwise specified?
Back to top Go down
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

PostSubject: Re: Healing in battles.   Healing in battles. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:44 pm

I would very much enjoy healers being an additive factor in battles.
As a current healer, i would happily inspect others' healer poems/shamanistic chants/cleric prayers/surgeon curses of you're gonna make it damn it!!/and other diverse character ways of healing. I list those out because i dont think it needs to be what americans define as a poem, it just needs to follow the rules from the rulebook, 180 syllables and whatnot.

Also, the rules dont include this, but if someone were to have pieces of cloth that they could use to "bandage a wound" i think it would be very cool. Personally, if I was a Harold and a healer was going all out to be realistic and there poem got interrupted or something, i would allow them to continue where they left off.

Also, something I would like to see is battles that actually revolve around the healers, maybe the healer isnt allowed to have a weapon, but they dont need to say their poem and it would be insta-heals, of course i'd like it if only actual people who are healers in other battles are the only ones allowed to be a healer in a battle of this type rather than anyone being a healer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/WandererTJ?ref=profile
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: Healing in battles.   Healing in battles. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Kurai, I was meaning to talk to you about healing in battles, but hey, you already knew what I was thinking....again. I completely agree about having healers in every battle. Ahnz, I don't know about the insta-heal bit.....I think that would be almost as unfair as healers being able to heal themselves. As for the "bandages" and Healers picking up where they left off, me and Kurai will have to discuss that for in house rules.
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

PostSubject: Re: Healing in battles.   Healing in battles. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:31 pm

something i would like to see like in the PM magazine though, is trails and large battlefields. You know, not just exclusively having just the one field where battles commence...but then again, i'd also like 50 people at a practice so.... yeah, idk
Back to top Go down
Aodhfin Dragonwalker
Admin
Aodhfin Dragonwalker

PostSubject: Re: Healing in battles.   Healing in battles. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Ahnz, that may happen sooner than you think....we'll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
https://midgar.forumotion.net
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

PostSubject: Re: Healing in battles.   Healing in battles. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Aodhfin Dragonwalker wrote:
Ahnz, that may happen sooner than you think....we'll just have to wait and see.

yay lol
Back to top Go down
Mordan Ventress

PostSubject: Re: Healing in battles.   Healing in battles. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:22 pm

50 would be epic, but i find a tight group of friends is just as good.

As for the healing poems/spells/etc, L3 will be joining y'all on this real soon. I like one life each games. It allows you to better measure your skill personally. Lots of rez is great, but I have often found it a real hassle (you just killed the guy, and within 10 seconds he's charging you again.) And sure sometimes you get the bad game with one life were you get your hat shot off and your brains get noodled by an arrow (figuritvely speaking) and you sit there for a good five minutes waiting for everyone to die. Thats just a bad game, and you should take the time to watch. One life games often improve you the most, you'll go out there, yes to have lots of fun (my legions rule one is to have fun, on and off the battle santa ), but also to at least learn something new to make yourself either a better fighter or a better Dagorhir player.

Anyways so L3 is totally doing this with y'all. okay which smileys to use.... cat afro elephant

ITS AN ELEPHANT!!!! MY DAY IS MADE!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing in battles.   Healing in battles. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Healing in battles.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Realm of Midgar :: General Discussion-
Jump to: