The Realm of Midgar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Midgar

A New Realm Rises from the Ashes of the Past....

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blade & Hoof

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Berethis

Berethis

Blade & Hoof Empty
PostSubject: Blade & Hoof   Blade & Hoof Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Blade and Hoof: The Legend of Berethis Bloodbane
I was born into a world of lose and misery. When I was born my mother died in child-birth with me and my twin brother. I was born Helk Everfer, son of the proud warrior Geln Everfer. My father was a great warrior who loved his five sons. He was second in line for head of the Everfer family, one of the proudest and most well known satyr clans. I cherished every moment I had with my father, which became few to many when the humans came. I don’t remember exactly how it came but humans found their way into our realm, my father came home at night worried. First the rangers came to our land, ordered by greedy kings to find more land, even though they already claimed so much. The rangers searched the land like vultures looking for food, once an unclaimed land was found, no matter if someone was already there, they took them, next the kings warriors would arrive in your village, they would bring “diplomats” to make us give up our land and have the king come out looking like a good guy to his people. Eventually settlers came and lived in our villages under the eye of the kings troops. Satyrs were treated like savages and our houses and belongings were token by the settlers. Any opposition was punishable by death. Times were bleak, my father tried his hardest to get our family food water and shelter. A family had token our home so we lived in a cave to the north, settlers took everything from us. One day when I was young I was playing with a ball in town square with my friends. One of the settler kids came up and told me to give him the ball, I refused. He kicked me in the gut and I fell. He picked up the ball and said “Stupid trot.” Trot was a slur for my people, I was infuriated this pond scum would refer to me as nothing but a trot. I got up and charged the kid, it was my first berserk. I hit the kid in the neck then went in for a gut shot, then I slammed my fist into his temples, he fell like a ragdoll. I stood there breathing hard, everyone at market stared at me. A guard rushed up and kicked me to the ground. “You stupid little trot, your gonna pay for that.” My father ran up and unsheathed his prized bronze blades and chopped off the guard’s head. The other nearby satyrs saw this and gathered their weapons, that day my father lead a rebellion against the king’s guards, we forced them and the settlers out of our land. But our fight came with a consequence. The king sent a large force that a small town could not hold out against. They retook the town and took the satyr men as prisoners to be publicly hung as an example. Before he died my father gave me his blades and told me to never back down. Then he was hung, I sat there and watched as tears ran down my face. The next day I found out I was to go live with my uncle at the missionary camp a town over. When my father lived we went to temple every fool moon to pay our respects to the gods, I didn’t know a whole lot when I was younger but as I grew up I began to pay more attention to the priest, I listened to how the god Berethis created the universe and the other gods. I learned how Bloodbane rose to lead the satyrs as a demi-god. But it was different when I came to the missionary camp, they believed in one god called Christ. They treated us better than the troops and settlers, but they said we resembled some demon called the devil. They said if we repent our old gods we would be saved. My uncle and two of my brothers fell for their lies and gave their lives to serve the missionaries. My father would be disgusted by their choices. For ten years I lived working for these demons and for ten years I watched my uncle my brothers and others of my kind grovel at their feet for forgiveness. Eventually I grew sick of it and so had my three other brothers. In the night we decided to run away, we were gonna meet in the forest to the north by the cave we used to live in. The first night my eldest and twin brother left together. The second night I was leaving, I had to be careful with my brothers leaving my uncle kept watch of me. When I was sneaking out my uncle confronted me. “You sneaky little sinful trot where do you think your going.” He sneered at me. “Leaving this horrid place, you have lost the ways of our people and you will not drag me down with you!” I yelled at him. “You are not going anywhere you little demon!” He yelled. He grabbed me and took me to the head monks saying I needed an exorcism. They strapped me to a table and covered me in different spices. They started to say prayers and chants. They called me demon, trot and devil. I couldn’t take it, I went berserk. It was my second time to do so. I ripped the cloth they had tied me down with and grabbed my father’s blades and started to kill and slice. By the time I was done I had killed most of the monks, my uncle and my youngest brother. They had betrayed the gods and they paid for it. I met up with my brother and we started on our travels. We decided to get revenge on the humans for ruining our lives. We decided to take the fight to them like our father did. We were born warriors like our father and it was time we proved it. We became the Bloodbane Berserkers, after the satyr demi-god. We dropped our last name Everfer and took up Bloodbane, than we each dropped our first names and took the name of our favorite god, I took Berethis. With that we began to head to the human realm of Altera. On the way we ran into trouble, a group of slavers working for the king of a nearby realm. They took my twin one day when we were sleeping. We charged them and fought all of them only to find my brother gone, we had lost him. I was furiated and so was my brother, we went into a rage and razed the entire camp. We took what we didn’t burn and left. We came to the edge of the Eltron Forest, it was said the forest lived and one could only get through if they had the help of the forest guide Gek. But it was also the home of the half demon brother of Bloodbane, Tarn. We found Gek at the edge of the forest whittling a flute out of oak. We offered him gold to take us across but he refused, he said it was free as long as we gave him someone to talk to. As we traveled Gek taught us about tales of the gods and ancient warriors. He told us the tale of Bloodbane, he taught us everything to know about history. He taught us how to play the flute and much more. He was an enlightened being that was as wise as they get. He was an ex-berserker now turned pacifist. He taught them proper fighting techniques. One night Gek sent me out to get firewood. I was in a clearing when I heard a cough and some wheezing, I turned and off in the distance I saw a dark figure staring at me. It coughed again. “Tarn…” I muttered. I began to run for my life. I heard his unearthly roar behind me. I came out into Gek’s campsite. I was safe. Eventually we came to the edge of the forest and we said our farewells, Gek had taught me well and I thank him for it, he was a great master my father would agree. We had made it we arrived in Altera, but we met resistance. A group of humans had heard of our coming, I guess they expected more than just two fauns, but they attacked us anyway. We fought back and we fought hard but my brother fell. Rage surged my body. Gek had given me a brew and said to drink it at the most dire moment, it was time. I gulped down the silver flask and energy and power surged through my body, I blacked out. When I awoke I found a sword in my chest and dead soldiers all around me. I stumbled around till I found a knight in a clearing, I thought I was doomed and everything went black. I awoke to see my wounds treated and food by my side. The knight had token pity and treated my wounds, he had seen the troops I disposed of, he told me of a group of warriors called the legion, he invited me to come join them on the battlefield. When I asked his name he told me Yelmora. I found the legion and joined them. I may not trust them for their human side, but I respect them for their warrior side.
Back to top Go down
Berethis

Berethis

Blade & Hoof Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade & Hoof   Blade & Hoof Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Let me know what you think, I am open to criticism lol!
Back to top Go down
Raalcorr the Warborn

Raalcorr the Warborn

Blade & Hoof Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade & Hoof   Blade & Hoof Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 am

I like it. It feels like you've included emotions and memories from your real past. That adds a nice element of heart to it.
Back to top Go down
Ansgeirr

Ansgeirr

Blade & Hoof Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade & Hoof   Blade & Hoof Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:12 am

when does one paragraph or thought end and another begin....?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/WandererTJ?ref=profile
Sponsored content

Blade & Hoof Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blade & Hoof   Blade & Hoof Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blade & Hoof
Page 1 of 1